Pageviews past week

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Dow lost 39 points today on what looks like light volume. Advance/declines were over 2 to 1 negative. We were higher early in the day and then just fell off. Not trades in the making for now. There is an extra week on the options for this cycle so they are all pretty overpriced. Gold was down over $3 today and the XAU lost 2 and a half points. My ABX calls are getting killed and there may not be any hope for this trade either. I did say I would give it a couple weeks, so we'll see what happens. But right now it looks bleak. Perhaps my thinking was wrong as that is what it looks like at this point. I suppose we could form a bottom here and rally, time will tell. But it really doesn't look too good at the moment. I took yesterday off from the blog as I went hiking. Mentally I'm doing OK, with the exception of this poor trade. But I've seen some strange things happen with the gold market and so I haven't given up hope on this just yet. I'll know more by the end of the week. It won't take a miracle but it will take some sustained upside action. Or maybe it just dies. I am still way overleveraged in this trade and that is my own fault. No getting around that. So sometimes you just get what you deserve. Otherwise there is really nothing else to say...

No comments: