Pageviews past week

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Dow gained 75 points on light volume. Advance/declines were almost 3 to 1 positive. My puts got stopped out for a 50% loss. There wasn't a lot of money in this trade but it was a loss none the less. I gave it a shot and failed as has been the case for most of this year. I don't believe this rally, the volume just isn't there. Could be an expiration thing. Whatever the case, it's another bad trade. Gold was up another $5 today and the XAU gained over 2 points. Unfortunately ABX didn't rise with it. It is showing a small loss and more and more I'm thinking about just getting out and taking a break. But I did say I would give it until the end of next week. Nothing seems to be working of late. It really is time to scale back. Mentally I'm just not there as I have found out some bad news concerning my family. I would like to just close out the ABX trade but the show must go on. I'm also tired as I haven't been able to sleep good lately. So this really isn't the optimum time for me to be taking on risk and trying to play the game. The focus will be lacking due to outside influences. Knowing this and recognizing this is important. There isn't anything I can do about it for now. Having an overleveraged position at this time doesn't help things. But I will persevere because it's really all I can do...

No comments: