Pageviews past week

Thursday, April 21, 2005

A short-covering rally today. The Dow climbed over 205 points on good volume. Advance/declines were about 3 to 1 positive. I'm thinking this is a one day pop. In downtrends, rallies appear out of nowhere and are pretty sharp. Today defines that. I would not expect to see a sustained rally here. I could be wrong and I have been before. GE was up over 50 cents but it isn't helping the options that I own yet. Might not either. Gold was down a couple bucks and the dollar was slightly higher. XAU down about a point. The market was up over 200 points but it is hard to get excited in this type of environment. The trend is down. We do have a couple of positive divergences on the RSI and the McClellan Oscillator. That could help but it is really still up in the air. I'm not a believer here. That said, I am trying to get my head together but I'm kind of tired. Not the best of circumstances for trading. I'm not taking any new positions here. I'll wait to regroup over the weekend.

No comments: