Pageviews past week

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Lower to begin the week as the Dow shed 50 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were negative.  This should move the summation index sideways.  I put my SPY June put trade in again and I'm leaving it overnight.  I do expect one more run up here and that will hopefully get my order filled.  I'm certainly not committed to this trade for an extended time period but I do think it can work in the short term.  But only if the above scenario of a quick rise materializes.  We'll close out the month of May tomorrow followed by the jobs report on Friday.  The Dow was the relative leader lower today so perhaps we'll get the short term rise that I'm looking for.  GE was off about a dime on good volume.  There's a potential double bottom being put in here on the daily chart.  Gold fell about $5 on the futures and the US dollar was lower as well.  The XAU lost over 1 1/8, while GDX declined 1/3.  Volume was light.  The lower dollar didn't help gold and that isn't a positive for the precious metal.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  A shortened trading week to deal with and today looks like many players decided to take the day off.  We were short term overbought for the major stock indices and today slightly relieved those conditions.  Volume has been pretty light lately and that is another reason not to trust the new all time highs here.  I would like to get this trade in but there is also the possibility that we simply remain overbought and continue higher.  As usual anything can happen in this game.  But I do think that getting the puts here has a chance to work so we'll have to see what the market has to say tomorrow.  If we simply head lower from here, it will be too late for this idea.  Asia was mixed with slight moves overnight, while Europe was lower.  We'll keep an eye on the overnight trading. 

No comments: