Pageviews past week

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Again to the downside as the Dow lost 91 points on light volume. The advance/declines were negative. Still waiting on the US debt problem. Perhaps there won't be any time to buy the OEX puts at this point. However I still believe that there will be some type of relief rally and that will be the time to purchase the puts. We'll see. The summation index has turned around to the downside and I will take my cue from this. GE was down 40 cents on better volume. This is the canary in the coal mine. That is my opinion at the moment. No trades here but the weakness in GE portends overall weakness to come in my opinion. Gold continues to be attracting money and was up another $5 today. The XAU gained 1/3. ABX and NEM were little changed while GG lost 2/3. Volume was light. The US dollar was lower. I'm still considering the gold share calls but they would have to be purchased tomorrow before the earnings on Thursday and Friday. I'm now looking at the GG August calls. The problem is that we are still overbought on the gold shares here but if the earnings come through it won't matter. I'll decide if I want to take the risk tonight. Mentally I'm still a bit tired, did not sleep well again. The Dow has been weaker than the overall market lately and usually that means that we are in for a rally. That is one of the reasons that I am hesitating on the OEX puts. Also I believe that some kind of debt deal will be announced soon and that should lead to some buying. I could be wrong. GG announces its earnings after the bell tomorrow, so if I want to try something there, it has to be done tomorrow. Plenty to consider tonight. However I do not want to make a trade just for the sake of trading. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: