Pageviews past week

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We ended March with a down day as the Dow lost 50 points. Volume was average and the advance/declines were negative. Summation index still in a sideways channel but if we get another down day tomorrow it could start to break down. I don't get the feeling it will though. The Dow was weaker than the overall market today. Still in a wait and see mode with the employment report on Friday. No OEX trades for me here. Gold was up $8 today and the XAU gained 1 1/2. ABX, GG and NEM all had slight or modest gains on light volume. I would still like to get long the gold shares if we see some weakness in the next week or so. We've moved up from oversold territory so patience will be necessary. The dollar lost some ground today but the gold shares did not move up as they have in the past. Perhaps sideways is the norm for a while. Or I am too late for this trade. We'll see. Mentally I'm feeling OK. One more day left in this holiday shortened week. I do not anticipate doing any trades tomorrow but you never know. I'd like to sidestep the risk of the employment report and probably will.

No comments: