Pageviews past week

Friday, March 05, 2010

A positive reaction to the employment report as the Dow gained 122 points today. Advance/declines were over 4 to 1 positive on average volume. Summation index still pointing higher. Overbought and staying there. I still am favoring the OEX put scenario for the beginning of next week. Strength on Monday can be sold in my opinion but I'll check things out over the weekend. The Russell 2000 and the NASDAQ have broken out to new highs and are leading the markets. This usually leads to the major indices following. So after this put play, if it occurs, getting long would be favored. Gold was up a couple bucks as the dollar didn't do much today. ABX, GG and NEM all had fractional gains on light volume. If anything I would be looking to get puts on the gold shares here. I could be wrong but we are overbought. Not to sound like a broken record but March historically isn't a good period for gold. I'll check things here over the weekend as well but I'll probably focus on the OEX for a trade. Mentally I'm feeling fine, slept well. Long and strong this week for the stock indices. We had everything but volume on this continued upside move. The advance/decline line continues to make new highs. It will be hard to buy those OEX puts on Monday but a decent signal is here. It's not going to be a trade to hold too long but it looks like it could work for a couple of days. We'll see. The weekend is here and there is much work to do but now it's time for a break.

No comments: