Pageviews past week

Monday, March 08, 2010

In a holding pattern as the Dow lost 13 points on light volume. Advance/declines were positive. I have an order in for some OEX puts which trade until 1:15 PST. I may wait until tomorrow. I do think that this is a trade that will work but it isn't a long term deal. It's possible that tomorrow could be another up day but the odds are against it. Summation index still heading higher. We are overbought here and have stayed there. I don't think my order will be filled. Gold took a hit today, off over $10. ABX, GG and NEM were all fractionally lower on light volume. GG has earnings out this week. I'm thinking of perhaps getting the puts. Gold is overbought here but the gold shares are outperforming the metal itself. The dollar didn't do much today. Mentally I'm a bit tired, could have slept better. My thinking is that this OEX put trade could work but it doesn't look like I'll be getting them today. Tomorrow could be too late. And so it goes. The timing has to be correct. My work over the weekend is pointing to higher prices in the near term even if we do get a midweek sell-off. So perhaps I'll be getting some calls if I don't get in on the short side here. And maybe even if I do. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: