Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Fed rally as the Dow gained 360 points on average volume. Advance/declines were 5 to 1 positive. Rates were cut 3/4 of a point and there is nothing left. I did not think the Fed would go so low. There is no ammo left as far as rates are concerned. The volume for yesterdays market was light on the decline. In retrospect, it was a clue. I'm not getting reliable volume readings and I will need to fix that. However, I had chances to get long and did not take them. Gold was up $6 and screamed higher after the Fed announcement. The XAU rose 8 points. The dollar has gotten crushed as the flight to safety ends and rates drop. ABX, GG and NEM were all up by around $2 on heavy volume. I'm still kicking myself for missing this one. The story is clear, get long gold. There are no pullbacks. GE was up almost a buck on good volume. They announced that their earnings forecasts for 2009 remain in place. Had a chance to do the December calls here as well but sat it out. Mentally I'm a bit frustrated at the moment. Opportunities have passed me by again. I need to pay more attention and have some courage. I'm still in a mental funk at the moment. The focus and desire seem to be lacking for whatever reasons. I'll need to get my head on straight and move forward.

No comments: