Pageviews past week

Monday, December 22, 2008

It was a negative start to a holiday shortened week as the Dow lost 59 points on light volume. Advance/declines were over 2 to 1 negative. A last half hour comeback limited the damage as we were down over 200 at one point today. We are short term oversold but in a week like this you can't make much of anything in my opinion. I think we drift higher to sideways here but that is just a guess. Moves in either direction can get exaggerated in an environment such as this. Gold was up around $10 today but the XAU dropped 3 points. ABX, GG and NEM all down around a buck or so on light volume. If and when the gold shares get oversold again, I'd be a buyer of the calls. We'll have to wait and see what happens there. GE lost 1/3 on light volume. I had an overnight order in for some January calls and it got filled. I could have gotten a better price but I'll take it. The game plan is to hold the calls for an expected rally at the beginning of 2009. We'll see. Mentally I'm doing OK. I'm expecting this GE trade to carry over and be the first trade for next year. However adjustments will be made if necessary. I don't expect much this week as I said earlier. So we'll see what happens.

No comments: