Pageviews past week

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Onward and upward as the Dow gained another 30 points today on light volume. Advance/declines were around 2 to 1 positive. The song remains the same. Overbought, staying there and no changes in sight. It is a market on a tear and has been for quite some time. The technicals don't work in an environment like this. Enjoy the ride if you're long. GE was up a dime on light volume. Nothing doing there. Gold gained another $10 today and the XAU rose 1 1/8. The dollar was lower again today. ABX and NEM each gained about a buck, while GG tacked on 3/8. Volume was nothing special here. The earnings for ABX were excellent and there was a trade that I'm sorry that I missed. But what can you do? I've read that missed money is better than lost money but it doesn't make me feel any better. I'll look to try the gold shares again when they get oversold. If that even happens. We could just power higher like the stock indices have been doing. GG and NEM report their earnings in a week. However we will be moving into the March option cycle and premiums will be pricey. Mentally I'm doing OK. The rally continues but the volume has been pretty mediocre lately. That is about the only fly in the ointment that I can see. There certainly hasn't been any sustained selling anywhere. You cannot argue with price. Expiration Friday is upon us and then a long holiday weekend. I don't expect any surprises tomorrow.

No comments: