Pageviews past week

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Dow closed lower for a change but it was only off by 10 points. The broader market was higher. Advance/declines were even and the volume picked up a bit. The indices are very overbought and have been. All declines are bought and that hasn't changed. Every time I expect a decline it either is short lived or doesn't happen. So on it goes. GE didn't do much today on light volume. I'll try the March calls if we fall back to the uptrend line that began in December. Gold lost $3 and the XAU fell 1 3/4. ABX and GG each lost 1/3 and NEM fell 7/8. Volume was light. The gold shares were lower earlier. I still have the open order for the February ABX calls in but it doesn't look like it will get filled. Perhaps I'll put in a different order before the earnings next week. I'm not exactly sold on this trade anymore but would like to try something. So we'll see. The dollar was higher today and gold itself did not self off and stay there. Perhaps because of the problems in Egypt. That's all just a guess on my part. Mentally I'm feeling OK. 6 days in the February option cycle. A very overbought market and staying that way. The gold shares have bounced and I'm waiting for the next move there. It may be that there won't be a viable trade for this monthly option cycle. So it goes. We can always simply wait and move out to March. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments: