Pageviews past week

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Dow started the week down 125 points on average volume. Advance/declines were over 3 to 1 negative. We are short term oversold. We did get a slight bounce at the close. OEX calls are the preferred play here. I may give them a try but it won't be easy. 4 days left until January expiration. So it's a tough call and risky but the potential set-up is there. Gold lost $35 today and the XAU lost 7 1/2. ABX, GG and NEM all lost ground but the volume was lighter than lately. The daily charts are oversold but the weeklies are overbought. So it's a tricky call at the moment. I'll need to check some other things before making a commitment here. I do like the long side though. GE had a fractional loss on light volume. My calls are dead and I dumped them for a 90% loss. They are not coming back in 4 days. Not a lot of money involved here but not the way to start off the new year. The timing stunk, the management was horrible and those are things that need to be worked on. Also staying away from GE and concentrating on the OEX might help things going forward as well. Mentally I'm not in the best of places. Still having computer issues and that is unacceptable. I'm doing the best that I can with what I've got. So on we go and I'll have to see about that potential OEX call trade.

No comments: