Pageviews past week

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Finally got the bounce today as we were as oversold as it gets and have been for a few days. The Dow was up 279 points on good volume. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 positive. Of course it's too late for the calls I bought last week but that's the way it goes. So the next question is will it continue, will it hold? It might but time and the market will tell on that one. I certainly don't know. GE did have a one day reversal and its earnings are announced on Friday. If GE is a proxy for the market then things could get better near term. But that's just a guess and certainly not something to trade on. Gold lost $5 today but the XAU rose 3 3/4 points. ABX, GG and NEM all were higher on good volume. The dollar was weaker and oil showed strength. Yes, I'd like to get some calls here but it's too early in this option cycle in my opinion. But I could be wrong. Volume continues to be strong for the gold shares and you can't ignore that. So we'll see. Mentally I'm feeling a bit tired, did not sleep as much as desired. I'm really in a holding pattern for now, trading wise. Premiums are high for the February options, so I'm in no rush. A nice bounce today and we'll see if there is any follow through.

No comments: