Pageviews past week

Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Dow gained 25 points on good volume. Advance/declines were over 2 to 1 positive. I bit the bullet and sold the GE calls at a substantial loss of over 70%. I did not want to wait for the earnings tomorrow. I am puzzled as to why these things even had a bid, being 30 cents out of the money and a slow mover. The volume there was huge also. Perhaps the options market knows something. We'll see tomorrow. The stock was down on heavy volume today. I don't know what it means except that I screwed that trade up and should have sold out when I sold those OEX calls. Seems like I start every year with a big loser and then have to fight my way back. Luckily I have already made some money with the first OEX trade. I am still holding the calls I bought on Wednesday but probably should have dumped them today. They are showing a slight profit and I will need the market to open stronger to have a chance at getting some profit there. I think the decline is done for now but you never know what will happen from one day to the next. Certainly we could be down tomorrow and these could be wiped out. As for GE I really don't know why the premiums are so high with only one day left. The earnings must really carry some weight. Mentally I'm a bit tired and will be glad when the week is done. I need to remember to just take the good set-ups and not trade as much. I also need to set better targets and use the stop-loss orders. I am disappointed with my performance thus far and a loss in this OEX trade won't help things. Anything can happen on expiration Friday and I am a fool for still being in this trade. I had a decent profit today and did not take it. Greed and foolishness are a stupid combination. We'll see what happens tomorrow...

No comments: