Pageviews past week

Monday, July 28, 2008

No buyers on Monday as the Dow lost 240 points. Volume was light as of lately and the advance/declines were 2 to 1 negative. Moving to oversold territory short term. Perhaps a chance at some OEX calls coming up. A little more downside should do it. I do think the recent lows will hold up here but I could be wrong. Gold didn't do much today, up a touch. The XAU managed almost a half point gain but was up 5 early. ABX up 1/3, GG up 2/4 and NEM down 1/4. All on unspectacular volume. Couldn't hold the gains even with the market dropping, flight to safety factor and that's not a good sign. I guess I'm holding on to the GG calls until the earnings Thursday morning. I'd still like to get some more but... Probably best to take the loss and move on. GE lost a buck on light volume. That really tells the story, the volume. No interest here late in July. Perhaps that will change tomorrow but they're just weren't any buyers today. Mentally I'm feeling as good as can be expected I guess. The gold shares are oversold but maybe they just stay that way. Tough call. I'll check things over again tonight. End of the month coming up as well. It wouldn't hurt to tread lightly I suppose, considering I'm holding a losing position. Sometimes it just doesn't work out and this is one of those times.

No comments: