Pageviews past week

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Powering higher now as the Dow gained 160 points on OK volume.  The advance/declines were 2 to 1 positive.  The summation index has turned back up here.  New all time highs for the S&P 500 and intra-day for the Dow.  It appears that the consolidation period is now over and higher we will go.  The small stocks are leading the way and the RUT has taken off as well.  The TRAN showed some life today as well.  I didn't think we would see much action with this being a holiday week but I was wrong on that.  Yes, I thought that we would have a positive week but not to this extent.  GE isn't going along for the ride as it lost 15 cents on still heavy volume.  My order for the January calls here remains in effect.  Obviously I still think that this trade has a chance to succeed but it has to get filled first.  Or I could simply be wrong again.  Gold and the US dollar were barely lower.  The XAU and GDX had slight fractional gains on light volume.  Nothing new to report from this sector.  Mentally I'm feeling tired, not enough sleep.  It appears that the next leg up for the stock market has begun.  There remains no overhead resistance so there is no telling how far we will go.  With the small stocks in the lead, you can believe that the rally will last.  In retrospect it looks like the SPY December calls were the way to go.  However it is where we go from here that counts.  I would expect things to thin out tomorrow ahead of the holiday.  Friday will be a shortened trading day.  So I would guess that we won't see much price movement one way or the other from here.  It's probably best to simply sit back and relax until next week when everybody returns from the holiday.  That's what I'm going to do for sure.  Europe and Asia were higher last night as stocks are getting bid around the world.  We'll keep an eye on the overnight trading.  

1 comment:

paceresearchindia said...

I am pleased to read your post. I was searching for the related topic you discussed in there. Good job. All the best.
stock market advisory