Pageviews past week

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I bought some Intel calls today. What? Yeah, I was checking out some charts last night and it looked like this issue was forming a cup and handle formation, which is bullish. I placed an order overnight. Intel went down a lot today and the order was filled. But the amount it went down kind of negates the pattern. Oh well. It is oversold so we'll see what happens. The Dow lost 47 points on increasing volume. Advance/declines were negative. We closed on the low and unless we rally from the start tomorrow it's trouble. GE was up slightly. I still have an open order for March calls. GE is also short term oversold. Gold was down a few bucks today and the gold stocks got slammed. The XAU was down over 3 points, with NEM down over a buck and a half. ABX was down also. The volume was heavy on the gold stocks. The Summation Index could be beginning to roll over here and that would be a negative. It could set up for a good January but that remains to be seen. My hope is for more sideways action into the middle of the month. I'm still a believer in the year ending in 5 theory and will be purchasing calls accordingly. Perhaps a wait and see attitude would be prudent here. Pfizer was up again today on an analyst meeting. I expect it to pull back though with tax selling. I could be wrong. It's happened before...

No comments: