Pageviews past week

Monday, February 23, 2004

Hello. This is the start of Jimmybees Stock Market Trading Blog. I'll write my views on the Markets and also my thoughts about the trades I'm doing. The market has been moving sideways for the last few weeks. It is mildly oversold at this point. It will need a catalyst to move either up or down out of this trading range. One of the tools I use is the McClellan Oscillator. It has moved into oversold territory lately however the market has not sold off. It was -201 a couple weeks ago and should be fairly negative again today. I believe I have seen this in the past. When the Oscillator goes negative and the market doesn't sell off usually it will resolve itself to the upside. That's what I expect in the next few days and weeks. A move to new recovery highs as we break the top of resistance. Resistance is around 10750 on the Dow, 1155 on the SPX and 573 on the OEX. However the Nasdaq Composite and the S&P 500 appear to be about ready to break down from their rising trends channels that are many weeks old. We are in an interesting spot. As for trades, I purchased some GE March 35 Calls about a week ago when GE fell back to its breakout point of $32.50. That point had been resistance for quite some time and it broke through on heavy volume and continued up over $34. I waited for the price to come back to the breakout point, $32.50, and then bought some calls. GE actually was up today even though the market was down. I have noticed that its relative strength on market down days has been pretty good. Anyway the price of the calls hasn't moved since I bought them. I'll keep you posted. I'm looking for GE to move up over $35 by March option expiration, which is on the 19th. Well that's it for today, I'll try to get back here tomorrow.

No comments: