Pageviews past week

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

The Dow had a pause in the party today as it fell 3 points on average volume.  The advance/declines were positive.  The summation index is moving sideways.  The overall market was much stronger that the Dow, with the NASDAQ leading the way.  As long as the small stocks continue to show good relative strength, I'll be looking for higher prices even though we are way overbought.  You cannot get in the way of this momentum right now.  Hopefully there will be an opportunity for the SPY February puts in this option cycle.  GE came to life as it rose 3/4 on very heavy volume.  Perhaps $16 is the floor here because there was no news that I could see to raise the stock that much.  I don't have any trades in mind for GE at the moment.  Gold added $9 on the futures as the US dollar was lower.  Rates have increased in the near term yet the dollar cannot find any strength.  This is not the usual relationship.  The XAU gained 1 5/8, while GDX rose 3/8.  Volume picked up on the rise.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  January continues to see a parabolic rise in my mind as we set new highs on many of the major stocks indices today.  We are now even further away from the moving average lines.  I keep repeating myself but this will not end well when the time comes.  I will keep an eye on things and try to be short when the inevitable drop occurs.  But I don't think that it will be this week.  We'll get some real estate data in the next couple of days and GDP on Friday.  For now it is still a wait and see time for me.  There are no negative divergences or potential divergences at the moment.  Europe and Asia had gains overnight as the worldwide ride higher continues.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: