Pageviews past week

Thursday, January 10, 2019

The Dow keeps moving higher as the most watched index rose 122 points on good volume.  The advance/declines were positive.  The summation index is moving higher.  It was also a one day reversal to the upside as we opened lower and closed higher.  Short term overbought to be sure now but that condition can last in a rally.  I am looking at the SPY puts here for both January and February.  But the timing will have to be pretty good if I try the Januaries.  We are right at resistance of 2600 for the S&P.  It's possible that we get above there but I do think we are at the end of upside for now.  I should probably wait until we get to the 50 day moving average at 2635 but I don't think that we'll get there in the short term.  We'll see.  GE continues to the upside as it gained 3/8 on good volume.  Gold was off five bucks as the US dollar was higher.  The XAU lost 1 1/4, while GDX shed 1/3.  Volume was light.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  The market is now resilient.  We've gone from a sell everything mode to an almost complete lack of sellers.  I am positive longer term for equities but I just can't see things going much higher from here with all the near term overhead resistance.  I do think that I'll let tomorrow pass since it's Friday and then check things out over the weekend.  Cutting it short on the blog today as I have other matters to attend to.  Europe and Asia were somewhat mixed.  We'll close out the week tomorrow. 

No comments: