Pageviews past week

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Back to the upside today as the Dow gained 62 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were shy of 2 to 1 positive.  the summation index continues higher.  The overall market was stronger than the Dow.  The RUT hit a new all time high and that bodes well for higher prices going forward.  Higher interest rates today did not cause a sell off like we saw yesterday.  That is another plus for stocks.  I still have my losing SPY May put trade open.  I should close it tomorrow.  GE came to life and gained 1/3 on light volume.  It closed above $15.  Gold was flat on the session as the US dollar was a bit higher.  The XAU and GDX didn't do much on extremely light volume.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  We're getting through expiration week relatively unscathed as there was no follow through to the downside after yesterdays sell off.  The market is ignoring any kind of bad news here and that's bullish.  The short term technical indicators remain overbought and are staying that way.  Down trend resistance lines were broken to the upside recently.  All signs point to higher prices going forward.  The only caveat would be the volume, which isn't confirming the recent move higher.  But you can't argue with price.  I'm about to take another trading loss in the SPY and I certainly can't be happy with that.  Looking back I should have exited when we broke the down trend line.  However as I've said before, hindsight is never wrong.  The reality is that it is way too late to save that trade.  I'll simply have to do a better job going forward.  Europe and Asia were generally higher last night.  We'll keep an eye on the overnight developments.   

No comments: