Pageviews past week

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Moving lower today as the Dow fell 40 points on average volume. The advance/declines were slightly positive. The summation index is trending higher but not with any gusto. The NASDAQ and the S&P 500 had slight losses as well to end the month of August. I did try the SPY September put trade again but wasn't filled. I've adjusted the order and I'm leaving it out there. I'm expecting some positive money flows to begin September tomorrow, so perhaps this order will get filled. The S&P remains short term overbought. Gold was up $4 on the futures. Interest rates rose slightly, while the US dollar was little changed but did come up from the lows of the session. The XAU added 1 7/8, while GDX was back up 3/8. Volume was average. Volume is now favoring the advances for the gold shares and that is bullish. I did cancel my open order for the GDX October calls. GDX is approaching short term overbought and I will have to wait until it gets back to oversold before trying this idea again. It appears that I've missed whatever move higher we've seen for the gold shares lately. Mentally I'm feeling OK. The VIX was up slightly today but it remains short term oversold. I'm not getting a good feel for what the VIX is implying here but it does remain below its 50 day moving average. August was another good month for stock that have basically gone straight up since The lows seen at the conronavirus outbreak. This certainly cannot go on forever and the end will not be pretty. Try to keep that in mind. That said, the market goes where it wants and can remain overbought for longer than anybody thinks. The easy money from the Fed continues. We'll see how September gets going tomorrow. Asia higher and Europe lower in last nights trade. We'll see how things go tomorrow.

No comments: