Pageviews past week

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The Dow got clobbered again today and lost 221 points on good volume.  The advance/declines were 2 to 1 negative.  The summation index is moving lower.  Support was broken today on the major indices that we've been discussing.  We did finish off of the lows for the session but there isn't much more positive that I can say.  Oversold, staying there and that isn't a good sign for the bulls.  I did consider getting some SPY June calls today since we are so blown out to the downside.  But that would not be a wise move either, as we've probably got a long way to go down if the head and shoulders tops are really in place.  So I am going to wait and see if I get a chance in the next few days to get the SPY June puts.  If not, I'll look for another idea.  GE was flat on the session and the volume was light.  Gold was up slightly and the US dollar was higher as well.  The XAU and GDX barely moved on light volume.  It looks like the gold shares are trying to build a bottom here.  However if the US dollar continues to rise it would not help the gold shares.  I'm waiting to get some GDX longer term calls and I'll continue to wait.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  There are still some potential RSI positive divergences on the major stock averages but we would have to see a move higher tomorrow for those to have a chance.  But the breakdown in support doesn't bode well for the divergences to pan out.  Although if the RSI theory does work, now would be the time to try the SPY June calls.  I just can't bring myself to do it though.  The summation index continues lower and I'm taking my lead from that.  The VIX rose above 18 today but it still has room to move up as well.  I think that I'll just sit out the rest of this week too but of course that could change with the market action tomorrow.  Europe and Asia were both lower overnight with Europe taking the worst of it.  We'll see what tomorrow brings. 

No comments: