Pageviews past week

Wednesday, December 08, 2021

Still moving higher as the Dow gained 35 points on average volume. The advance/declines were positive. The summation index has turned around. The NASDAQ was the outperformer today and that is a plus. The S&P 500 is near a new all time high. My idea for getting the SPY December puts ahead of the inflation number on Friday may be put on hold. I had expected that the highs for the year had already been made but it looks like that thought was wrong. The short term technical indicators for the S&P have turned higher and are not yet overbought. I'll reconsider that trade idea tonight before deciding what to do. Gold finished basically flat on the session. The US dollar was lower as interest rates continued to climb. The XAU and GDX had slight fractional gains on extremely light volume. No interest in the gold shares but at least they're not moving down. My GDX January calls remain at a loss. Mentally I'm feeling OK. The VIX dropped to 20 but remains above both its 50 and 200 day moving average. So this indicator is at the moment of truth. It either contiues to drop and the rally lives on or it turns back up and the selling resumes. We should know by the end of the week what is going to happen. I can't say I'm leaning in either dorection at this point but I'll go over things again later tonight. The market has had quite a bounce and it did save the summation index from going through the zero line. Asia was higher and Europe lower overnight. We'll keep an eye on tonights developments.

No comments: