Pageviews past week

Monday, September 23, 2024

A mundane Monday session as the Dow rose 61 points on light volume. The advance/declines were positive. The summation index is heading higher. Slight gains for most of the major averages in a sideways trading day. The S&P 500 remains short and medium term overbought. I've kind of decided that I will try the SPY October puts at some point during the October option cycle. Perhaps ahead of Thursdays and Fridays economic reports. September is bucking the negative seasonality trend and I doubt that will last for another month. I do not know what the downside catalyst will be but I'm pretty sure that it's coming. I could be wrong. Gold was up $4 on the futures. The US dollar was a bit higher and interest rates ticked up. The XAU and GDX had slight fractional losses on about average volume. The gold shares are due for a rest. Middle East tension is now a daily occurence and the lower rate news has already happened. What more good news for gold is out there at the moment? GDX is also both short and medium term overbought but the rally sometimes goes on longer than you think. I'm on the sidelines here for now. Mentally I'm feeling OK. The VIX was lower today and that fits an up market. Short term oversold here. Still above the 200 day moving average on the daily chart. A break below there would probably change my mind about trying the SPY October puts. Asia and Europe were higher to start the week. I'll keep an eye on tonights headlines.

No comments: