Friday, September 25, 2026
After some early back and forth the market decided to go higher as the Dow gained 478 points on light volume. The advance/declines were positive. The summation index continues lower. Both the NASDAQ and S&P 500 posted gains on the day but the Dow was by far the leader. Once again we are at the point where if the market was going to go lower it would have by now. Therefore I've got to believe that things are going higher from here. For whatever reason, this time when the summation index crossed the zero line stocks didn't collapse. The short term indicators for the S&P 500 are in overbought territory but not at extremes. I am back to thinking that new all time highs in that index will be hit at some point next week. Gold was up $29 on the futures. The US dollar was lower along with interest rates. The XAU was up 2 3/8, while GDX added about 1/2. Volume was light. The short term indicators for GDX are oversold and it continues to hold above its 200 day moving average. I am thinking that perhaps this is the time to try the GDX October calls but I'll look things over again this weekend. The overall US dollar and interest rate environment does not favor gold at the moment. Mentally I'm feeling a bit tired. The VIX was lower today and that fits with a positive day for stocks. The short term indicators here are back to heading lower. We'll get inflation data on Wednesday followed by the jobs report on Friday next week. The month ends on Wednesday as well. So there will be excuses to move the markets. I'll be going over all the charts this weekend to try and come up with some type of game plan for next week. Europe was mixed and Asia higher with China closed to end the week. It's Friday afternoon and time for a rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment