Pageviews past week

Thursday, September 12, 2019

We have continued higher this week and have a shot at making new all time highs.  Not many thought that was possible just a couple of weeks ago.  Although the S&P 500 is overbought here, in rallies it remains that way.  The VIX has dropped below both the 50 and 200 day moving averages.  The summation index is solidly moving up.  RUT is up against its resistance and if it can get through this rally will have legs.  Hasn't happened yet but it is at an important juncture.  Gold has had a drop to short term oversold.  The gold shares as well.  GDX is already moving back up and that is a positive.  My hope is that instead of simply bouncing back straight up, it moves sideways for a while and consolidates.  That would give me a chance at trying the GDX October calls.  Probably just wishful thinking on my part.  I'm still away from my desk and will return in a week on the day of the Fed announcement.

No comments: