Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A slow holiday trading session as the Dow lost 2 points on very light volume. The advance/declines were about even. I'd expect more of the same for the rest of the week as we are in holiday mode. I think there will be a downside bias, since we are short term overbought. I do not expect a lot of news out of Europe or anywhere else this week. GE dropped about 1/4 on light volume. My GE calls are still in the black. I would expect some weakness here as well and that would relieve the overbought condition that we're in for GE. I still will be holding this trade into the new year. Gold fell $10 on the futures today and the US dollar dropped a touch. The XAU lost 2 1/2. ABX and NEM fell 1/2, while GG shed 2/3. Volume extremely light. I am looking at the gold share calls again for January. Oversold and staying there for the gold shares. When the Gold/XAU ratio hits the buy point, I will give this trade a shot. Mentally I'm feeling OK, it was a nice long break from the trading action. Not much to do but get ready for next year at this point. I'll be keeping an eye on things but I don't expect any surprises this week. I expect some drift lower, that's about it.

No comments: