Pageviews past week

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

We ended the day with a slight loss on the Dow as we lost 16 points. Volume was light and the advance/declines were positive. The overall market was stronger than the Dow. We are now short term overbought. That doesn't mean that we can't stay that way. I dumped the OEX puts for a 75% loss. I should have sold them yesterday as this was a trade that did not work at all. It happens. Today was probably a better day to purchase some puts. I have no other OEX trades in mind at the moment. GE was flat on light volume. I still have the open order in for the January GE calls. Gold lost $10 on the futures and the XAU dropped 1/3. The US dollar was flat today. ABX and GG had fractional losses and NEM fell 7/8. Volume remains very light here. The gold shares were lower early and came back. I think my next trade might be here but we'll see. Mentally I'm feeling OK. Not exactly pleased about taking the recent OEX loss but you've got to keep moving on in the game. 8 days left for the October option cycle. Short term overbought on the stock indices but the summation index is moving higher. I have no clear ideas at the moment. I do have the open orders in for GE and ABX but they are on a longer time frame. The market is news driven lately and we have a Senate vote on the jobs bill coming up along with a European bailout vote. We'll see how things go tomorrow.

No comments: