Pageviews past week

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Building on yesterdays one day reversal as the Dow gained 131 points on average volume. The advance/declines were almost 3 to 1 positive. Now we must ask if the recent lows are the end of the downtrend and is the 2 day rally for real? I don't have the answers. I would still like to own some OEX puts before Friday. However with bullish engulfing patterns on the stock indice daily candlestick charts, that may not be the proper trade here. The weekly charts now look bullish as well. That could all change with Fridays employment numbers though. So it will be a tough call as to what to do tomorrow. GE was up 3/8 on good volume. I did place an order for some January calls today. I'm leaving it open until it's filled or I decide to do something else with it. Gold rose $25 on the futures and the XAU gained 8 points. The US dollar was lower today. ABX up 1 2/3, GG higher by 2 points and NEM tacked on 1 3/4. Volume was average. I also placed an order for some ABX November calls but I may be too late here as well. Perhaps if we get some backing and filling here, the order will get filled. I do not want to chase things here as I still think there is a chance for more decline in the overall market. Mentally I'm doing OK, slept well. I'll really need to decide tonight what to do, if anything, before Fridays employment numbers. Yes, I could always just sit it out and wait for the markets reaction. But if we get a huge decline from the start, it will be too late for the OEX puts. There's always the possibility that the numbers aren't that bad and we continue to rally. The technicals are moving up from being very oversold. I'll mull things over tonight and decide what to do for tomorrow.

No comments: