Pageviews past week

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

To the upside today as the Dow gained 44 points on average volume. The advance/declines were 3 to 1 positive. The overall market was stronger than the Dow. The market has the feel of wanting to go higher here. I did not try the OEX puts today but still may before Friday. If we get up to the down trend lines on the OEX or S&P 500, I might give it a shot. However as I've said before the short term trades are not my best. Economic data out tomorrow and that should move things around. GE was up over 1/3 today on average volume. That was another excuse not to buy the OEX puts today. Gold was up $16 and more in the aftermarket as the dollar was much weaker today. The XAU was up a buck. ABX rose 1/4, GG fell 3/4 and NEM gained 1/4. A mixed bag there. I think that I'm going to wait for a pullback to the up trend lines in the gold shares before I put on the next trade. I'll be looking at the October calls. Mentally I'm doing OK, could have slept better. Sometimes the hardest thing to do in the game is to do nothing. That is what I am facing at the moment. As much as I'd like to try something here with 3 days to go, the more prudent approach may be to just sit it out. I'll check the charts again tonight and decide what to do or not do.

No comments: