Pageviews past week

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Dow lost 50 points today on average volume. Advance/declines were 2 to 1 negative. We're moving sideways at the moment. Is it a pause before we move higher? That's been the case for quite some time. We are almost at some important long term down trend lines. We will need to see volume pick up in order to break through them. I'm not sure that will happen. The summation index is moving sideways here as well, possibly forming a ledge. The market usually breaks down if that is the case. Hasn't happened yet. Gold was flat on the day, while the XAU lost almost 4 points. ABX, GG and NEM were all down around a buck on light volume. The dollar was higher today. There's nothing to suspect that the up trend in gold is in danger at the moment. I'd like to get long the gold shares at some point. Mentally I'm feeling OK. No rush to take any positions. I'd have to get a good signal one way or the other in order to do something. Not that the signals I follow have worked out for me this year. I'm on the sidelines until further notice.

No comments: