Pageviews past week

Thursday, October 23, 2008

It was a back and forth day and the Dow ended up 172 on average volume. Advance/declines were about 2 to 1 negative. Today could have been the final retest of the lows but only time will tell on that. Could we break down here? I'm saying we won't but anything can happen. However, I still feel we are forming a bottom. Gold continues its slide, down another 20 bucks. The XAU was off 3 3/4. ABX, GG and NEM all shed at least a buck and the volume was very heavy. The Gold/XAU ratio is in double digits. Unheard of. I don't know what to say there because it is incredible. GE was off a bit but was much lower during the trading day. The volume there too was extremely heavy. I'm leaving in my open order for calls there. We did hit a new recent low in GE today. However I'm sticking with the bottoming scenario. Mentally I'm doing OK. Interesting times in the market this week. There is an extra week on the November option cycle as well. We'll see what happens tomorrow but the thinking here is that we will be heading higher.

No comments: