Pageviews past week

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

It was a day with some volatility but we finished the session with a gain of 27 points on light volume.  The advance /declines were positive.  The overall market was stronger than the Dow, with the small stocks leading the way.  That's usually bullish going forward.  We did get some gyrations with the Fed minutes.  Things still could go either way.  My SPY April calls are in the red with only 7 days to go.  GE was flat on the session and volume is very light.  Looks like I'll be holding out for the earnings report here due in ten days.  Gold was off $7 on the futures and the US dollar was up just a bit.  The XAU fell a point and GDX had a small fractional loss.  No trades in the gold shares for me right now.  Mentally I'm feeling tired and physically as well.  Trading is hard enough under normal conditions.  Being ill makes it next to impossible.  I'm doing the best I can under the conditions.  The TRAN had a good day and that could mean higher prices are coming.  That doesn't mean we won't be lower tomorrow but it is encouraging going out a few days.  I'll need to see some kind of rally in the stock indexes to have any chance to exit the SPY April call trade with a profit.  I'm cutting things short again today as I do need to get some rest.  Hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow.  One thing that is for sure is that the markets move on with or without you, regardless of your health.  It is neither good nor bad, just simply the way things are in this game.

No comments: