Pageviews past week

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Moving higher now as the Dow gained 105 points on average volume. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 positive. The summation index could stop its decline with todays market action. We are getting to short term overbought on some indicators but I think there is still room to move higher before resistance. That said, I am leaving in an order for OEX puts in case we get a big pop on the open tomorrow. It would have to be pretty big because the ideal time to get short will be at the beginning of next week. That's my guess at least. There's a chance that we just go higher from here for a few days without a pullback too. Gold had a good day, up $18. The XAU rose 6 points. ABX, GG and NEM were all up around 1 1/2 on average volume. Short term overbought here and it was a missed opportunity for me again. I'm not going to chase this move though. However it is possible that gold has corrected and will resume its upward momentum. The weekly chart looks constructive in this regard. Mentally I'm feeling OK, could have slept better. There is a chance that the decline in the stock market has ended. The summation index may turn around here. I'm not completely sold on this idea but it is possible. Right now I am concerned with making a decent trade in the 5 days that remain in the February option cycle. I think that the OEX gives me the best chance to do that. It won't be easy though. We'll see what the market has to say tomorrow.

No comments: