Pageviews past week

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Dow dropped about 80 points today on average volume. Advance/declines were negative. Is it the start of something big? I doubt it but you never know. At this point I will probably wait for the employment report and take it from there. If we continue to the downside, I will look to get some OEX calls. Gold was little changed but looks to be selling off a bit in the aftermarket. The XAU lost 2 points. Gold and the gold shares should be taking a rest here. It could last a while. ABX was up a touch today and the volume was good. I don't know what to make of that but I would like to still get the puts there if it rallies a little. GE was down over 50 cents on light volume. Again, it's due to take a rest as the technicals are overbought. So that is where we are at for the moment. There hasn't been any surprises one way or the other here. The market is working off the overbought condition and then I think we are heading higher. Mentally I'm feeling OK, slept pretty good. It's basically a waiting game until Friday and then we go from there. The ideal situation would be for the OEX to come back to the up trend line but that is a best case scenario. Still plenty of time on the options so there is no rush to do anything. I expect tomorrow will be a slow moving, light volume affair. we'll see...

No comments: