Pageviews past week

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Dow was up around 20 points today on average volume. Advance/declines were negative. We sold off early in the day and came back. The NASDAQ was stronger then the overall market. It seems to me like we are just hanging around until the next move. I'm keeping an eye on the OEX calls. Gold didn't do much today and the XAU lost over 2 1/2 points. ABX and NEM were both down with the volume nothing special. The gold shares need to take a rest and are doing so. There is so much premium in the options that it doesn't pay to buy them at the moment. GE was up a quarter on light volume. So really there just isn't much going on today. Mentally I'm a bit tired. I have a couple of ideas but in general I feel we are working off the overbought conditions as we prepare to go higher. That is my main prognosis until the data suggest something different. At this point I'm thinking the proper time to get the calls could be the beginning of next week unless a valid signal appears before then. So for now it's patience and a waiting game.

No comments: