Pageviews past week

Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Dow lost 81 points today on good volume. Advance/declines were about 2 to 1 negative. I didn't like todays action as I am looking to get long. It worries me that we have actually put in a top. I will have to check the option numbers tonight. GE was down over 40 cents and that trade is now a loser. I suppose in hindsight I should have gotten out yesterday. We are right at the 50 day moving average. If it breaks it I had better sell. Right now it looks like it's going to be a loser. Note to self: Do Not Trade GE again this year. It is a dinosaur and doesn't move enough. Trade the OEX and be good at that. We'll see what happens. Gold was down a bit and the XAU was also. Would like to short that as a top looks like it is forming. Need to keep an eye on it. Hard work though when my mind is focused elsewhere on losing propositions. Trouble. Mentally I'm a bit tired. I need to get the gameplan for expiration week. I did want to get long at some point but I guess I will have to wait for a signal. Perhaps on Tuesday is what I am thinking at this point. Producer prices tomorrow and that should be a mover. We'll see how the market reacts. I really do need GE to hold in here. I do not want to have to wait for the earnings to bail me out because something tells me they won't. Also to keep in mind is that the S&P 500 is up against a longterm weekly resistance line and has not broken through. I don't know if it can. I really need to be careful here and will try. Hopefully I won't do anything before the long weekend tomorrow. I think I can have the discipline to do that. Maybe dump GE if it breaks. Not sure but that trade doesn't look good. It moved sideways and never got going during this rally. That should have been the tip off but I'm a bit slow sometimes, especially when I have a stake in what is going on. Foolish...

No comments: