Pageviews past week

Monday, March 13, 2017

It was a day of hanging around as the Dow fell 21 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were positive.  The summation index continues lower.  The small stocks had good relative strength.  I did place an open order for the SPY March calls but it wasn't filled.  I'm still a believer in this short term trade.  I will try again tomorrow if we get some weakness.  The market is simply waiting on the Fed here and I do expect some kind of move higher on Wednesday.  The light volume is not a concern as things should get going by the middle of the week.  No doubt a very risky endeavor, with only 4 days to go in the March option cycle.  GE was down 3/8 and pretty much lost what it gained on Friday.  Volume was average.  The gold futures were up a couple bucks and The US dollar was bit higher as well.  The XAU and GDX had slight fractional gains on average volume.  The fundamentals for gold remain negative in my opinion.  Mentally I'm a bit sluggish as I am not feeling 100%.  This is a time that I have to be on top of my game, with a short term trade in the works.  I will try and get some extra rest tonight.  If the market simply continues with a light volume rise here, I'll have to pass on this trade.  The short term technical indicators for the S&P 500 aren't completely oversold but they are trying to turn around.  I believe that they will but as usual anything could happen.  I expect another rise in rates on Wednesday but the opposite market reaction than expected due to the technicals.  I could be wrong.  For now I'll continue to monitor things and hopefully get a chance to get long tomorrow.  Europe and Asia were generally higher overnight.  We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

No comments: