Pageviews past week

Thursday, December 03, 2015

To the downside with some strength today as the Dow fell 252 points on heavy volume.  The advance/declines were 4 to 1 negative.  The summation index is heading lower.  Yellen spoke again and the ECB disappointed traders.  It looks like my scenario of new all time highs before the end of the year will not come to pass.  My SPY December calls are now in the red.  We've got the employment report tomorrow and who knows what that will bring.  I will say that we have gotten oversold in a hurry.  However the uptrend line from October in the S&P 500 has now been broken.  If we get a snap back to that line in the next couple of days I should be able to get rid of my calls.  If not, they'll be losers.  So we'll see.  GE was up a few cents and the volume was heavy.  I still have the open order in for the January calls here.  Gold was up $8 on the futures as the US dollar got absolutely crushed.  The dollar drop had more to do with the ECB than anything from the Fed in my opinion.  The XAU and GDX had slight fractional gains.  Gold outperformed the gold shares and that usually isn't bullish.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  With two solid days lower, it's hard to imagine that tomorrow will bring any good news for the bulls.  But you never know.  The turning back down of the summation index is not a good sign for holding index calls.  It looks like I've mismanaged another trade into a loser but there is still a little over a couple of weeks to go.  However unless we see some decent upside tomorrow, I'd say another losing trade is a done deal.  I'm still positive on GE despite the negative market back drop.  As I said before, a lot of money poured into that stock and that is impressive.  Money equals interest which shows up in volume.  The volume for GE has been off the charts for a month.  So I'll remain bullish on that issue.  The foreign markets were a bit weaker overnight.  However after todays drubbing in the US, I'd expect some negative action to take place around the world.  We'll keep an eye on things and await the employment report in the morning.

No comments: