Pageviews past week

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Dow got clobbered today and lost about 120 points. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 negative and the volume was heavy. I don't know where this came from but you can't say that it is good for the bulls. It is being blamed on higher interest rates. Microsoft reports after the bell and that will carry over into tomorrow. Gold lost a couple bucks and the XAU shed about a point and three quarters. ABX was down around 30 cents on average volume. The calls are still in the black. I'm sticking with this trade for a bit longer. However the dollar was stronger today and looks to break the 85 level which is key in the short term. I can't see gold moving up with the dollar. A couple economic reports are out tomorrow and we'll see what they say. I don't know what to make of todays stock market action. But it can't just be dismissed. People wanted out of stocks, for whatever reason. Perhaps it will lead to a flight to gold down the road if it continues. Let me say this. I'm not a gold bug. I am just trying to make some money. Mentally I'm a bit confused after todays action. It looks very bearish on a daily chart. I had thought we would continue with strength in the stock market until the end of the month. It looks like I'm wrong. We'll see how we end up the week.

No comments: